This policy applies to all the pages on the Site and any features of it and any e-commerce, purchasing or other areas which require registration.
This Site is hosted on servers in the EU and/or the US. Our Site contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or operation of other sites.
What information do we collect?
Personal Information includes: your name, contact details (phone numbers, e-mail address and addresses), your date of birth, job, course information, your personal interests, credit card or billing information, shopping selections and data about the pages you visit on this site as well as any other personal information relating to you or a third party that you supply to us.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your information in two ways:
1) Personal Information you choose to disclose.
You may, for example, provide us with your information when you post something on the Site, when you register for any features on the Site that require registration, when you contact us or when you order goods or services from us.
2) Website use information collected by us as you interact with our Site.
In a separate automatic operation the web server will collect your IP address and browser type and details of the Website where you came from before entering this Site. This information is used to:
i. work out how many times this Site has been visited; and
ii. record which parts of the Site have been visited so we can improve the content and layout of the Site.
The information collected is stored on your computer and will automatically be deleted if you do not revisit this Site for 90 days.
We may also use a persistent cookie that stores your login ID (but not your password) to make it easier for you to log in on any areas that require log-in. You can disable this convenience feature.
You can disable cookies in your web browser settings — in doing so you may experience some loss of functionality while browsing the Site, particularly related to the online shopping basket.
What do we do with the information?
We and our affiliated entities may use your Personal Information to process your online purchases, to inform you about products and services offered by us and our affiliated entities, to improve the products and services offered to you, for market research purposes, for marketing or statistical purposes, and otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our customers.
In particular, we may use your information to:
- contact you with more information on our products and services and those of our affiliated entities except where you have told us not to and you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time,
- to inform you of activities on the Site,
- to invite you to participate in surveys, discussions and prize draws and for your views on our services via online surveys and discussion forums.
Participation in surveys and discussion forums is entirely voluntary and you may unsubscribe from being contacted for the foregoing purposes at any time. Survey information will be used for market research purposes with the aim of improving our services.
We will show your username on any content you submit or post on our Site (that includes discussions, bulletin boards, in forums etc).
Safety of your Personal Information on our Site
We seek to protect the safety of your payment information against unauthorised access through a secure server provided your browser accepts Secure Sockets Layer encryption. Where we use third parties to process payment information, we require them to ensure the safety of your information. We use appropriate security measures on our own systems, but the Internet is not a secure medium and we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted via the internet.
Any Personal Information that you voluntarily post on a public area of the Site, such as a bulletin board or discussion forum, or an interactive area requiring registration and/or subscription, may be collected and used by others. You understand that we cannot control the actions of other users.
You agree not to misuse any Personal Information available on the Site or to gather it or use robots or other automated scripts, codes or functionalities to do so.
We will never sell your Personal Information. We may disclose and share Personal Information with the following third parties. This will include the transfer of your Personal Information to other countries around the world, including countries which do not have data protection laws which have the same safeguards as are available in the UK. We shall exchange Personal Information with:
- our affiliated entities;
- our service providers and those of our affiliated entities, including for example credit reference agencies and payment processors or our distributors/agents of our products;
- third party search engines who may index user profile pages and usernames as part of the URL of the user profile page by default;
- third party suppliers who develop or host the Site or those of affiliated entities; pursuant to any properly executed court order from a competent jurisdiction or if we or our affiliated entities are otherwise required to do so by law;
- other third parties with your consent.
Reporting an Abuse
We reserve the right to end the Site or any features of it or change any features on the Site at any time.
Data Protection Officer
Or email us at UKDataProtection@pearson.com.